Sign in to follow this  
Mistah Len

Vehicle Care Guide

1. Check Engine Light

tvxbyXG.png

What it looks like? A submarine

What is it? The Check Engine Light

What to do if it shows up? If the check engine light comes and stays on, take the vehicle in to be serviced as soon as you can.

2. Battery Light

Ha7Phwp.png

What it looks like? A winking robot

What is it? The Battery/Charging System Light

What to do if it shows up? Take your vehicle in to get serviced as soon as you can. Most likely, you just need to replace your battery. Other causes may include wiring problems, a faulty alternator, or a faulty battery.

3. Temperature Warning Light

INfQyj5.png

What it looks like? A pirate ship or a key submerged in water

What is it? The Engine/Coolant Temperature Warning Light

What to do if it shows up? Never drive with an overheating engine! Stop driving as soon as you possibly can and switch off the engine to allow the engine to cool. If the engine temperature warning light comes on again, you probably have a problem with your coolant, radiator, or water pump. Drive the car at a low speed to your local mechanic.

4. Engine Oil Pressure Indicator

FuNCFcg.png

What it looks like? A magic genie lamp or a Neti pot

What is it? The Engine Oil Pressure Indicator Light

What to do if it shows up? Do not drive while this light is illuminated! If you see this light come on while driving, stop the car as soon as it is safe to do so. You should check your motor oil level and pressure as soon as you can. If that doesn’t get the light to turn off, have your vehicle checked out by a professional mechanic before you do any more damage to your vehicle.

5. Safety Belt Reminder

f7mYpXq.png

What it looks like? An obese child wearing a bandolier

What is it? The Seat Belt Reminder Light

What to do if it shows up? Fasten your seat belt! If your seatbelt is fastened, the warning light may come on if you have a lot of weight on one of the seats. Either remove the weight or buckle the seat belt on the corresponding seat.

6. Brake System Warning

7PPVXnU.png

What it looks like? A Pokémon gym is nearby

What is it? The Brake System Warning Light

What to do if it shows up? This light turns on whenever your handbrake is pulled up, but if it turned on and didn't disappear, check the brake fluid and make sure the parking brake isn’t on. If adding brake fluid and releasing the parking brake doesn’t turn the light off, have the brake system inspected immediately.

7. TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System)

dbNCWhJ.png

What it looks like? A boiling cauldron

What is it? The Tire Pressure Warning Light (if equipped)

What to do if it shows up? Check the tire pressure on all of your tires.

• Like 3

Looks nice! Every single aspect can be maintained by a mechanic, right? This brings a lot of roleplay between mechanics and civilians, awesome.

Some of these should be maintainable by anyone, really.  I can go to a gas station and buy coolant, put airs in my tire, and so on.

Great system though!

• Like 1

Looks amazing. I wonder how it will be laid out in-game.

that's the surprise part 😉

Looks nice! Every single aspect can be maintained by a mechanic, right? This brings a lot of roleplay between mechanics and civilians, awesome.

Some you can do yourself, some only skilled mechanics can do, ofc you can learn and do it yourself.

Some of these should be maintainable by anyone, really. I can go to a gas station and buy coolant, put airs in my tire, and so on.

Great system though!

Yeah, like I mentioned, you can do most of these yourself.

But can I work on my rust bucket in the comfort of my very own trailer park?

Yes, you can. Some need specific tools though.

There are a couple of more stuff you can do with vehicles that I'd rather leave out as a surprise for the release.

• Like 1