Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wraithjuggler

Will the cities all be connected?

Question

There won't be any teleportation, or bridges. There will be ways of physically commuting between the two cities; flights and ferries which will take people across.

Presumeably at first this will be a plane bot which you buy tickets for and takes you across, but there will be oppurtunities for actual people to run a service to take you across too. If you look at a few of the GTA Underground vids, the flight time between the two cities is a few minutes.

Edited by 0rbz
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, 0rbz said:

There won't be any teleportation, or bridges. There will be ways of physically commuting between the two cities; flights and ferries which will take people across.

Presumeably at first this will be a plane bot which you buy tickets for and takes you across, but there will be oppurtunities for actual people to run a service to take you across too. If you look at a few of the GTA Underground vids, the flight time between the two cities is a few minutes.

The distance between LC and VC: 25 minutes with reefer boat, 8 to 9 minutes with Shamal airplane

The Bot pilot will fly 8-9 minutes and you can see through the window travelling.

Bot airlines will run only at set times, you can't tell IRL pilots when to fly and when not to as a passenger. If you want to get places on your own time you get a boat or a private jet. (Or use player owned companies later down the road that will have their flights if my suggestions implemented I guess.)

Edited by Copa Cabana
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, wraithjuggler said:

I am a little disappointed, but the company concept sounds pretty cool! 

They're in completely different states so there's no physical way to bring them closer together.

1 hour ago, wraithjuggler said:

I am a little disappointed, but the company concept sounds pretty cool! 

Take a look at how far away the two states actually are from one another and come back to tell me if you're still dissapointed.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Take a look at how far away the two states actually are from one another and come back to tell me if you're still dissapointed.

How do I see this?

3 minutes ago, wraithjuggler said:

How do I see this?

Some real-life reference:

1,758km between Miami (Vice City) and New York (Liberty City)

HpW41am.png

The way the maps are laid out in GTA Underground is the closest they can possibly be to balance being able to physically get there with realism. Any more distance and there'd be no choice but to teleport, any less and it'd be incredibly unrealistic and would frankly stifle RP.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 0rbz said:

Some real-life reference:

1,758km between Miami (Vice City) and New York (Liberty City)

HpW41am.png

The way the maps are laid out in GTA Underground is the closest they can possibly be to balance being able to physically get there with realism. Any more distance and there'd be no choice but to teleport, any less and it'd be incredibly unrealistic and would frankly stifle RP.

I agree with the distances, but I guess I was hoping they would all be connected by land. But this still sounds pretty cool and realistic!

UPDATE, I forgot Len replied this to my airline suggestion thread.

On 11/7/2018 at 5:56 PM, Mistah Len said:

Actually, there will be a faction called U.S. Department of Transportation which will have faction owned aircrafts and maybe travelling ships? Players don't necessarily need to own an aircract, they can just become a part of this faction.

2 minutes ago, goldencandy610 said:

I hope people can also like rent a car or drive to the other cities with there cars.

You're going to be hard pressed to rent a car from one city and take it to another man.

However import/export industries will exist (with both legitimate and illicit cargo) so you can move your things by watercraft and aircraft.

Edited by Marksman

Just now, Marksman said:

You're going to be hard pressed to rent a car from one city and take it to another man.

I mean to be honest I really don't mind driving I would really like it.

Just now, goldencandy610 said:

I mean to be honest I really don't mind driving I would really like it.

sure, but your aspiration to drive won't matter when there's 20 minutes of water in the way.