Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
13 Counts of Murder

Trusting UG-MP?

Well seeing that UG-MP is a Client taken away from SA-MP the developers of UG-MP can do whatever they want and you have to assume it does not harm you or your PC. With a simple change of code you can easily be downloading a virus to corrupt your PC but I mean let's not think about stuff like that I hope that the developers of UG-MP keep their mind on the Client and not take any frustration or aggression out on anyone else and break my or anyone else's PC.  Who else has any doubts about this "new client"?

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

First of all, Kalcor (owner of SAMP) allowed Dkluin to use the base of SAMP to start making UGMP. Dkluin himself has been making the GTA Underground mod since he was 14 back in 2015 and now he's 18 and still at it. If he really wanted to change a code and install viruses in someone's computers he would've made some simple dumb app instead. The client is being developed by Dkluin and Dkluin only which means nobody else can adjust the code.

Honestly, I don't see why not to trust it from that perspective.

• Like 4

What's the point in developing a multiplayer mod for so long just to install a couple viruses on the client's PC? Not worth it.

Edited by yodawg

3 hours ago, Copa Cabana said:

First of all, Kalcor (owner of SAMP) allowed Dkluin to use the base of SAMP to start making UGMP. Dkluin himself has been making the GTA Underground mod since he was 14 back in 2015 and now he's 18 and still at it. If he really wanted to change a code and install viruses in someone's computers he would've made some simple dumb app instead. The client is being developed by Dkluin and Dkluin only which means nobody else can adjust the code.

Honestly, I don't see why not to trust it from that perspective.

I can assure you there won't be any hidden software installed with the client. There's been alot of hardwork put in by Dkluin and others, and we're all excited for the future. I can promise no-one would jeopardize everything over a silly virus. There's alot easier ways to do it, and it'd be pretty counterproductive to develop a whole multiplayer client to infect your PC.

Edited by mikethemike