Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cezear

Roleplay and Development

Recommended Posts

On 2/4/2019 at 2:52 AM, Copa Cabana said:

Its not about small or big features. It is about what UGRP comes into as a whole body that matters along with admins and community. Features alone never made a server succeed.

Which is something Mike has been brought on to start doing. Making a structure for the admin team and all that as we do get closer to launch.

On 2/4/2019 at 2:50 AM, Sprenner said:

From what I've seen UGRP seems to make good use of the new features and natives that UGMP offers, so no, I don't see this as just another samp server. Infact, if I did I wouldn't even be here, samp doesn't interest me at all atm.

We might also be getting an entirely new country side w/ city in LC (Upstate Liberty, by AdusPL) so that will be interesting.

Yea and like I said in the OP, we have a lot we can potentially do. I don't think dkluin is worried about keeping the game too much like the original GTA San Andreas, which was an issue server developers had with Kalcor. Many of the features we'd wanted to be added weren't because it was too far from the actual game.

Eventually, the entire Underground map should be added to the multiplayer. Including the custom Midway they're doing.

On 2/4/2019 at 3:10 AM, Pete said:

Now, I've that one small little dream! To get the helicopter with magnet working! I want to see this thing in MP for ages 😄

Now for the experience of playing UGMP I expect to be one of those huge mods that uses the engine of the game, but have totally different feel to it, as you are playing another game.

Technically it is another game. All the objects, vehicles, skins, textures, etc are different. The physics of the game will remain the same as it is the same engine. Once UGMP is released and the core features are in; the team can start working on some of our request for features SAMP never had.

18 hours ago, Marksman said:

Oh if it isn't already on the table, giving servers the ability to change figures with weapon and vehicle values like acceleration and top speed or rate of fire, magazine count and semi/full auto would be a fantastic bit of variation that allows servers to give the players more options all with the same game assets.

I know for a fact that vehicles will be added for us to adjust the handling of. Make a better tuning system that actually adjust the stats of your car.

Weapons would be cool too. Have attachments for them that actually do something, besides a laser pointing into infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cezear said:

Once UGMP is released and the core features are in; the team can start working on some of our request for features SAMP never had.

I hope one of these requests be ma helicopter!@! 😄 Glad you people are here working for that, thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Cezear said:

A better tuning system that actually adjust the stats of your car.

Weapons would be cool too. Have attachments for them that actually do something, besides a laser pointing into infinity.

Glad to hear about the vehicles. I figured there was something already in place given the devblogs, but I wanted to make sure.

I'm not neccessarily talking about weapon attachments, just the ability to modify weapon values. Freeroam Server A might want different weapon values than Realistic RP Server Y. Duel wielding 1000 round magazine, 1200RPM Uzi's compared to single handed, 16 round magazine, 600RPM Uzi's. That kind of thing. Silly freeroam values vs real life values.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanna see rappelling system for FD & PD's. Allowing them rappel off helicopters (maybe buildings too) - and its possible, seen it.

Edited by Dmitrix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2019 at 10:02 AM, Dmitrix said:

I wanna see rappelling system for FD & PD's. Allowing them rappel off helicopters (maybe buildings too) - and its possible, seen it.

Oh yeah me too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like many other players here, I've got huge expectations about this community. I personally don't view it as a /another server, expect with fancy mods/ - to me, this is a brand new start for many players, a community that isn't corrupted by the whole OOC involvement, because now-days (even on the largest role-play server) it's all about OOC friendships (gun deals/drug deals & etc...) despite how much they wanna pretend its not the issue, but it is - back in the day (during 2010-2012) people roughly knew each other, it was just players coming online and enjoying the role-play, today - its some sort of OOC politics, that's one of the largest reasons why I'm so excited for the UG:RP, we won't be seeing that bias-crap happening here (specially those who gonna have a pull in drug / weapon trades). To me this is a fresh start where I can actually /enjoy/ spending my time here, that's why I've been dumping bunch of suggestions for us (neat features that would improve entire environment for us). Enforcer people to handle their business the right way or face the consequences for having sloppy planning as a criminal.

 

I'd like to discuss an idea regarding prison sentencing - I know that prison time supposed to be /HIGH/ no doubt about it, no corner cutting - everyone is used to spending 14-18 hours in prison (that's few days if you're active) - instead we could have more of a user-friendly system where you'd do 1-2 weeks jail time (and time would go down while you're offline) - idea is to keep the player off the streets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dmitrix said:

Like many other players here, I've got huge expectations about this community. I personally don't view it as a /another server, expect with fancy mods/ - to me, this is a brand new start for many players, a community that isn't corrupted by the whole OOC involvement, because now-days (even on the largest role-play server) it's all about OOC friendships (gun deals/drug deals & etc...) despite how much they wanna pretend its not the issue, but it is - back in the day (during 2010-2012) people roughly knew each other, it was just players coming online and enjoying the role-play, today - its some sort of OOC politics, that's one of the largest reasons why I'm so excited for the UG:RP, we won't be seeing that bias-crap happening here (specially those who gonna have a pull in drug / weapon trades). To me this is a fresh start where I can actually /enjoy/ spending my time here, that's why I've been dumping bunch of suggestions for us (neat features that would improve entire environment for us). Enforcer people to handle their business the right way or face the consequences for having sloppy planning as a criminal.

 

I'd like to discuss an idea regarding prison sentencing - I know that prison time supposed to be /HIGH/ no doubt about it, no corner cutting - everyone is used to spending 14-18 hours in prison (that's few days if you're active) - instead we could have more of a user-friendly system where you'd do 1-2 weeks jail time (and time would go down while you're offline) - idea is to keep the player off the streets.

 

Guilty as charged for the OOC friendships but here's the thing. They will be everywhere and it's not avoidable no matter what you do. When people start knowing each other that's going to happen. As of the whole prison thing it does sound rough but really gives good opportunities. i.e. I get prisoned for a week I have to play on my alt (or RP in prison with other inmates) whilst my subordinates take care of business for me. Sounds good. But that should be only the case for like serious crimes, I'm not going to sit 1 week in jail for an unpaid ticket.

Edited by Copa Cabana
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Misdemeanor could just be basic jail sentencing (60 minutes max time in regular police station jail cell)

Everything that’s above 60 minute mark (days) would be prison sentencing & all felony charges.

 

I would love to see the three-strike system implemented.

 

The idea begins days-week(s) sentencing - it’s to keep criminal away from the street , that feeling for him being /gone/. Otherwise some people spend bunch of hours online and get released on 2nd day for homicide. Prison sentencing should be harsh , but idea is to keep the bad guy off the street and when the character is gone for few days / week (2 weeks max) , he’d be way wiser to make silly mistake as a criminal and get caught , and those who do not wish to go to jail/ prison - simply don’t do the crime and you won’t do the time.

Jail time will always be there for criminal role players , it’s of the territory of being a criminal , it’s all about how long you can stay out of it.(Being creative with your activities , using fronts to smuggle stuff and etc , basic ways to deal substances that won’t put you in cuffs) 

No shortcuts for jail times, that’s why we need to set up government , justice department and allow people appeal for attorney licenses and with the approved appeal and little process , they’d be able to appeal cases on individuals that are in jail , and if there is no evidence (aka no pictures / videos taken by police) than player may be found not guilty and released with charges dropped. 

(Phone)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, puggo said:

Pretty sure that’s in Cali tho

Nope, 28 States has it - including NYC and Florida 

 

(Phone)

Edited by Dmitrix
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dmitrix said:

Nope, 28 States has it - including NYC and Florida 

Oh wow ur right and it was the first to implement it since 1797 wtf

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Issue I find with this prison sentencing system Dmitrix is talking about, is regarding other people. This system would be a great asset from one perspective but a fucked up one from another. Here's an example, I'm a dickhead, I don't like you, don't matter OOC or IC. I want to get you in serious trouble and I know you have two strikes in court. I somehow know you pack a gun on you (OOC or IC). I'll call 911 on you and get you in deep shit.  Boom, my problem is sentenced to life because of my smart skills. And this will happen more often than you can imagine. 

I say this because I experienced this bullshit many many times on LS-RP, for one, I was parked, guy was rather far from me to see interior of my car. I stashed pistol under the seat. Dude saw the command so he calls 911 and says I have guns on me. A minute later cops show up, tried explaining how it was not possible for witness to see but they don't give a shit (OOC). Nobody cares how the person got the information.

Also, this would cause stupid shit like gangs calling cops or other gang members (mobs even.) because they are rivals and they know the other side packs guns all the time and want them out - but can't win them in war. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ray_Farias said:

Also, this would cause stupid shit like gangs calling cops or other gang members (mobs even.) because they are rivals and they know the other side packs guns all the time and want them out - but can't win them in war. 

Well I mean that happens irl lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×