Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cezear

Roleplay and Development

UG:MP gives us a number of features that SA:MP didn't have before. So in a way, UG:RP isn't just another SA:MP server, it's a whole new platform.

With that, comes the terrible task of learning someone else's work and figuring what's impossible and possible. Many old ways of doing things on SA:MP no long apply to us on UG:MP, for whatever reason. We have a lot more control over your experience on the server. For instance, we can make custom weathers. So instead of the same, mundane red weather applied for almost every drug used; we can give each drug a unique "high".

In addition, features that required client installations are being brought over to UG:MP. For example, SA:MP+ allowed server developers to control more about the client. We can show/hide certain GUI elements, hide the grey vehicle squares, adjust check points colors, aircraft height, let you walk/drive on water, etc.

The developers of Underground have also let us suggest new features, which by association means ya'll too.

So what are some expectations you have for UG:RP? Do you just expect another SA:MP server in a different city? Or an entirely new, almost like a new game, experience?

What are some dated systems you'd like to see reimagined, and how so? What are features you've always wanted on SA:MP?

• Like 3

I mean tbh i look at it as another samp server just with more features and in a different city.. it’s not rlly that deep it’s the same game anyways lol

• Sad 1
  • Confused 1

It needs to show more of those "unique" features that players actually care about. I don't really think people care about whether the weather can change or a bridge can go up and down. Those things are unique don't get me wrong, but we want to see things like the yachts. It would show the server is really unique and would attract more players than this already has.

1 hour ago, west. said:

It needs to show more of those "unique" features that players actually care about. I don't really think people care about whether the weather can change or a bridge can go up and down. Those things are unique don't get me wrong, but we want to see things like the yachts. It would show the server is really unique and would attract more players than this already has.

Yachts were shown already as well as many other things. Read the devblogs. Play the mod.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Copa Cabana said:

Yachts were shown already as well as many other things. Read the devblogs. Play the mod.

I was saying we want to see things like the Yachts shown in the devblog. That's why I said "like yachts", but alright. I was just thinking adding more stuff any player would want to try that has never been done before like the yachts.

Edited by west.

Things like gluing vehicles together, like with MTA, to allow the likes of a Flatbed or transporter to have actual uses on servers. These kind of features have actual purpose.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, west. said:

I was saying we want to see things like the Yachts shown in the devblog. That's why I said "like yachts", but alright. I was just thinking adding more stuff any player would want to try that has never been done before like the yachts.

So just more new things? New ways to interact with the world?

2 hours ago, Marksman said:

Things like gluing vehicles together, like with MTA, to allow the likes of a Flatbed or transporter to have actual uses on servers. These kind of features have actual purpose.

That is on dkluin's list to add to UGMP. And a way to attach player's to a vehicle.

10 hours ago, west. said:

I agree with this. There are a ton of small awesome things that make this server more unique, but its the big things most people care about. Stuff like yachts, new cities, new cars, new weapons, instruments, and maybe even that hang glider thingy?

All in all, from what we've seen from the devblogs and heard from the devs, together everything seems great, there are definitely a lot of new interesting features that make this server unique, and I'm sure there are more to come.

• Thanks 1

From what I've seen UGRP seems to make good use of the new features and natives that UGMP offers, so no, I don't see this as just another samp server. Infact, if I did I wouldn't even be here, samp doesn't interest me at all atm.

We might also be getting an entirely new country side w/ city in LC (Upstate Liberty, by AdusPL) so that will be interesting.

Edited by Sprenner

Its not about small or big features. It is about what UGRP comes into as a whole body that matters along with admins and community. Features alone never made a server succeed.

• Like 2

Just now, Copa Cabana said:

Its not about small or big features. It is about what UGRP comes into as a whole body that matters along with admins and community. Features alone never made a server succeed.

This. 

Everytime I play servers such as RCRP or LSRP there are just so many things that are far from realistic, or just scripted so badly and so outdated.

Now, I've that one small little dream! To get the helicopter with magnet working! I want to see this thing in MP for ages 😄

Now for the experience of playing UGMP I expect to be one of those huge mods that uses the engine of the game, but have totally different feel to it, as you are playing another game.

Oh if it isn't already on the table, giving servers the ability to change figures with weapon and vehicle values like acceleration and top speed or rate of fire, magazine count and semi/full auto would be a fantastic bit of variation that allows servers to give the players more options all with the same game assets.